Review of Demon's Souls - To die has never been so good

In 2009, I moved into my little studio in the heart of my city. I had a Xbox 360 for some time, but I became more and more curious about Sony offers. So after a few payroll checks, I went out, gave me a PS3 and some games to dig. One of these games was a delicate discovery - a relatively indefinable title by a studio whose studio I had never heard, published by Atlas, known for his Japanese niche imports. The souls of the demon , he read about the case. I did not know that thanks to some game recommendations I received online.

When I launched it in my PS3, I had no idea what I was going to do. In a few minutes, I died but I was addicted. The games of the time had become relatively easy and were often annoying with tutorials. Demon's Souls did not have anything to chat to help me. It challenged me not only to survive but prosper against his world of monsters and opaque systems. I managed to beat him repeatedly, absorbing and contributing to his community as much as I could as it grew.

Before I know, Dark Souls struck the shelves. Although I appreciated, nothing has ever captured this initial removal before the subsequent deviation from Software, Bloodborne. And nothing else since. Eleven years later and a generation of consoles between the two, I found myself crawling in the abandoned streets of Botaria, to fight for my life.

You're probably as uncertain as me, returning it after all these years. I mean BluePoint could bring to Demon's Souls with little or no involvement on the part of his creators? What would they do now to the original artistic direction with the power of the PS5? Do they get it too much? Would they want to change the gameplay that is important to us?

The answer to almost all these fears is no. The structure and mechanics of Demon's Souls are almost intact. All areas that BluePoint has modified concerned changes in quality of life. The art direction is well preserved and simply developed. There are more messages including choosing, who can provide a well-needed lightness while a boss crushes you.

Although there are some small points I guess from Software would have done Bluepoint differently, like some of the enemy designs in HD, everything is quite easy to overcome when it happens so much good.

Your character now looks like a person and no longer a Cro Magnon mutation. Indescriptible soldiers are more lively than the original, and the new Facial Expressions of the NPCs are doing a lot to attract you to this haunted world. Light and shadows dance realistically on the paved stone. The HDR raises particles at incredible levels of incredible. All this is probably adding to one of the best games to date, even if it does not offer to launch rays.

The sound design is more impressive than the visuals. You will want good speakers or headphones to appreciate it, but once you have associated it with the haptic return of the Dual Sense, you will be breathtaking. Fireballs, sword swings, rocks sound like they should, but BluePoint did a key job here to raise each sound with remixing and complete overhaul. I could launch an arcane lightning all day and never get tired of crackling when it starts, and then the low-flying tearing the air. The cherry on the cake is that the original band has been completely orchestrated, which gives the impression that the boss fights are a great battle for the universe itself while crashing and loading through the landscape Impeccable sound.

It should also be mentioned that dying on the PS5 is incredibly digestible now that loading times are virtually non-existent in all areas. There is a kind of black magic that you feel in your bones when you deform between the Nexus and an arch stone to appear only after a few seconds. The new generation of consoles seems promising.

Aside from the new graphics and sound design, it's still Demon's Souls. And even after a decade and many games souls now on the shelf, the core of Demon's Souls is absolutely strong. With all the added layers, the following games have been removed ... wow. This says a lot about the quality of the first catch of Software. The swings are strategic. Dodge Rolling is the essence of a survivor. Know when and how to hire each enemy is just as important as your statistics. The new animations caught by the movement only add to the magnificent dance of death exposed. You will sweat so hard here that you have done it the first time and you will be annoyed when you die but ecstatic of your triumphs.

Demon's Souls established what happened next and all that thanks to his first class design decisions that are always in the Games Souls today. For those of you who missed it and who came later via Dark Souls, you will be at home here. Do not miss the centerpiece of the PS5 if you can. You deserve to experience Demon's Souls with the elevation of BluePoint. I can not wait to see what will follow with BluePoint, from Software and PS5.

Good

Botaria has never been so beautiful Audio design to make Dolby Atmos jealous BluePoint left the basic gameplay intact

95

The bad

Some minor artistic quirks

Comments